We welcome your comments on our proposed Budget 2022-2026
In early 2021 Imagine Cardinia and Imagine Cardinia People’s Panel helped us identify priorities for the Council Plan, Financial Plan and Council Budget 2021-2025. In order to deliver on the community priorities through the Council Plan, Council prepares 4 year rolling budgets which are adopted annually.
Late last year we asked you whether the adopted Budget and Council Plan priorities were still meeting your needs. We thank you again for taking the time to provide us with important feedback on the focus areas for the proposed Council Budget for 2022-2026. You identified the following community priorities through this process:
- Empowering our communities to be healthy, connected, and resilient
- Creating liveable spaces and places
- Supporting our biodiversity to thrive
- Supporting our productive land and employment land to grow local industries
- Practising responsible leadership
We have considered your feedback and have developed a proposed budget for 2022-2026. We welcome your comments about the proposed budget before Council is scheduled to consider it for adoption in June 2022.
You can access a copy from the Document Library on the right. Please submit your comments in the form below. Consultation closes 11 May 2022.
Annual Budget process
In reviewing and adopting the budget annually, Council considers the following:
- Key strategic documents including:
- Budget 2021–2025
- Revenue and Rating Plan 2021–2025
- Financial Plan 2021–2031
- Council Plan 2021–2025 and
- Community Vision 2040.
- Rate capping – Essential Services Commission sets the rate cap every year. The rate cap limits the maximum amount a council can increase general rates and municipal charges.
- Annual CPI (Consumer Price Index) movement.
- Actions from new Masterplans and Adopted Strategies.
- Statutory Rate increases, for example Superannuation Guarantee increase, WorkCover rate
- New contractual expenditure and change of scope of contracts.
- New legislative requirements, for example Asset Management Plan and Workforce Plan.
- Council Subscriptions.
- Fees and Charges updated in line with Statutory and Non Statutory parameters.
- Populations changes and impacts.
- Grant income received.
- Capital Budget changes.
- Enterprise Bargaining Implications.
- Results of previous community engagement activities including Imagine Cardinia.