Victorian Government announces funding of $3 billion to support Victorian businesses
The Victorian Government is investing $3 billion to help businesses impacted by ongoing restrictions and prepare for COVID Normal business.
$3 billion in cash grants, tax relief and cashflow support will be delivered to Victorian businesses that have been most affected COVID-19 restrictions. The package will help businesses survive and keep Victorians in jobs.
For more information visit the Business Victoria Website.
Stage 4 business restrictions
From 11:59pm Wednesday 5 August, workplaces in Melbourne must be closed unless:
- the workplace is part of a permitted activity, or
- all employees are working from home.
Services and industries that are able to remain operational will be required to have a COVID Safe Plan.
- Unless an exception applies, only Permitted Work Premises may operate with on-site operations during the restricted activity period in the Restricted Area, and only to the extent permitted.
- Employers for Permitted Work Premises are only permitted to have employees on-site if it is not reasonably practicable for the employee to work from home and the employer and employee comply with the Directions currently in force, including the Workplace Directions and the Permitted Worker Permit Scheme Directions.
- Where a Permitted Work Premises is able to operate on-site, additional restrictions may apply.
DHHS - Business and industry stage 4 restrictions takes you to information including:
- permitted workplaces by industry
- directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Office
- permitted worker scheme
- information about permitted workplaces by industry.
Creating a COVID Safe Workplace has information on what's included in the COVID Safe Workplace, including:
- Employer obligations
- Your COVIDSafe Plan
- Permitted worker permit
- Fact sheets
If you are not sure which category your business falls into contact Business Victoria on 132215 or using their online form.
From 11:59pm on Wednesday 5 August, employers that require their staff to attend a work site must issue a worker permit to their employees – this is the employer’s responsibility.
The Guide for business – stage 4 restrictions (Word) outlines examples of workplaces that are closed for on-site work, open for on-site work with a COVID Safe Plan, and where there are restricted operations or industry specific obligations. For more information about eligibility and permits visit the DHHS website.
Access to childcare permit for permitted workers
- People working in permitted industries will maintain access to kinder and childcare for their kids under Stage 4 restrictions beginning at 11:59pm tonight 5 August, regardless of whether they are working onsite or from home.
- The new Access to Childcare Permit will sit alongside the Worker Permit Scheme