About Amendment C270
Amendment C270 proposes to implement the recommendations of the Cardinia Shire Council, Significant Trees – Statement of Significance January 2021 prepared by John Patrick Landscape Architects by providing protection to nine (9) significant trees by applying the Heritage Overlay.
Amendment C270 facilitates the following changes to the Cardinia Planning Scheme:
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 43.01 Heritage Overlay to insert the Heritage Overlay on nine (9) historically significant trees over seven (7) properties as recommended in the Cardinia Shire Council, Significant Trees – Statement of Significance January 2021.
- Amends Clause 21.02 Environment by adding the Cardinia Shire Council, Significant Trees – Statement of Significance January 2021 as an incorporated document.
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 72.04 Documents incorporated in this planning scheme
The proposed Amendment will ensure that the heritage values of these trees are considered in any future planning permit application process and to ensure the protection of vegetation relevant to Cardinia Shire’s cultural, aesthetic and environmental heritage.
- Road reserve, 185 Mountain Road, Gembrook
- 45 Mentiplay Road, Gembrook
- 4 Dewhurst Road, Emerald
- 44 Beaconsfield-Emerald Road, Emerald
- 8 Benson Street, Emerald
- 79 Emerald-Monbulk Road, Emerald
- Cochranes Park, Rossiter Road, Koo Wee Rup
At the Council meeting on 20 September 2021, Council resolved to seek authorisation to prepare Amendment C270.
Amendment C270 was on exhibition from 17 March 2022 to 21 April 2022.
Submissions for Amendment C270 closed at 5pm on Thursday 21 April 2022.
One submission was received from the Country Fire Authority (CFA). Their concerns were resolved; therefore, a report to Council was not required.
At the Council meeting on 20 June 2022, Council resolved to adopt Amendment C270.