Toomuc Reserve – proposed land lease
- This consultation has now closed. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback.
- Council will consider all feedback before making a decision.
- To receive future updates about this project, click the yellow ‘follow’ button at the top of the page.
Cardinia Shire Council gives notice under section 115 of Local Government Act 2020 (‘the Act’) for a proposal to lease 60 square metres of Toomuc Reserve to Telstra.
Telstra proposes to erect a monopole at the north-western corner of Toomuc Reserve to be used as a telecommunication facility.
Telstra has a planning permit that was approved some years ago to allow for the construction.
Telstra advises that the site will provide new coverage and capacity to existing residents within the Pakenham area, as well establishing sufficient service for emerging residential development in the region.
It is proposed that this be constructed on the north-east corner of the reserve near Princes Highway.
The location was chosen to have limited effect on users of the reserve.
The location is indicated by the star icon on the map below.
The following in principle lease terms have been negotiated:
- Term 10 years plus an option for 2 further terms of 5 years
- Commencing 1 October 2021
- Rental $20,000pa plus GST plus 3% annual increase
- Tenant to pay all rates and taxes and $3000 towards legal fees
- The monopole will be constructed by Telstra and remain in their ownership for the term of the lease. The tenant will be responsible for all maintenance of the facility.
Following the consultation phase a report will be provided to Council to consider any submissions received and determine whether to proceed to lease the land to Telstra for this purpose.
Council welcomes your feedback, and submissions close 16 September 2021.