Have your say on burning off regulations in Cardinia Shire
- We invite residents, community groups, stakeholders, agencies and surrounding councils to provide feedback on Council’s current Open Air Burning Policy (2016) and associated Local Law 17, Part 5A.
- An open air burn is a small fire lit and managed by the property owner to dispose of dry vegetation on their property for the purpose of bushfire fuel reduction.
- You can give feedback by completing the survey or sharing your ideas below, or by coming to a drop-in session.
- Feedback closes on Friday 22 November 2019, 5pm.
Why we're doing this consultation
You may want to give us feedback on topics including, but not limited to:
- days allowed to burn
- size of land
- dimensions of fire
Broader fuel management and fire prevention across public and private land will not form part of this consultation.
Other areas within the Local Law are also excluded from this review.
What you might like to give feedback on
- To ensure that open air burning is carried out safely, and minimises the risk of bushfire in Cardinia Shire in a safe manner, where alternative methods of disposing of green waste may not be possible.
- To identify additional opportunities to educate the community about the importance of following the burning off regulations under the local law,
- To let you know about existing services available to you, to help you reduce fuel on your property.