About Amendment C232
Amendment C232 was approved by the Minister for Planning and came into operation in the Cardinia Planning Scheme on 6 March 2020.
The Officer Precinct Structure Plan (PSP) was originally prepared by Cardinia Shire Council and approved and gazetted by the Minister for Planning under Cardinia Planning Scheme Amendment C149 on 12 January 2012.
A key component of the Officer PSP is the town centre which includes:
- the Council Office and Civic Centre
- a train station
- a government secondary school
In December 2016 the Victorian Planning Authority (VPA), in consultation with Cardinia Shire Council decided to undertake a review the Officer PSP, focussing on the town centre, with an aim to:
- unlock investment in Officer town centre by simplifying and improving the flexibility of the planning controls
- balance the desired outcomes for the town centre, such as quality built-form and public spaces, with the need for timely development of services and infrastructure required by the new community
- consolidate the form and content of the parts of the PSP that relate to the town centre
- standardise the residential and commercial zones applied by the Urban Growth Zone
- redraft the Officer Town Centre Urban Design Framework (UDF) to reduce duplication with the PSP and increase flexibility
Amendment C232 was on exhibition from Thursday 22 March 2018 to Friday 27 April 2018.
Planning Panel Hearings were held for 6 days during Tuesday 4 December 2018 to Wednesday 12 December 2018.
VPA adopted Amendment C232 on 15 May 2019.