About the Officer Precinct Structure Plan
The Officer Precinct Structure Plan (PSP) was originally prepared by Cardinia Shire Council and approved and gazetted by the Minister for Planning under Cardinia Planning Scheme Amendment C149 on 12 January 2012.
A key component of the Officer PSP is the town centre which includes:
- the Council Office and Civic Centre
- a train station
- a government secondary school
About Amendment C232
In December 2016 the Victorian Planning Authority (VPA), in consultation with Cardinia Shire Council decided to undertake a review the Officer PSP, focussing on the town centre, with an aim to:
- unlock investment in Officer town centre by simplifying and improving the flexibility of the planning controls
- balance the desired outcomes for the town centre, such as quality built-form and public spaces, with the need for timely development of services and infrastructure required by the new community
- consolidate the form and content of the parts of the PSP that relate to the town centre
- standardise the residential and commercial zones applied by the Urban Growth Zone
- redraft the Officer Town Centre Urban Design Framework (UDF) to reduce duplication with the PSP and increase flexibility
Amendment C232 was on exhibition from 22 March 2018 to 27 April 2018.
Planning Panel Hearings were held for 6 days between 4 December 2018 to 12 December 2018.
The Amendment C232 Panel Report was completed on 8 February 2019.
Amendment C232 was adopted by VPA on 15 May 2019.