Cardinia Shire Council is currently reviewing its Equestrian Strategy (2014) so we can improve and strengthen horse riding opportunities and participation in Cardinia Shire.
As part of this review, we’re seeking your input. The information you provide will help us understand how you use equestrian trails and facilities, current and emerging trends, and support ongoing implementation of the strategy.
You can provide feedback and input via the interactive map activity or in the community questionnaire.
Feedback closes Wednesday 30 June 2021.
About the Equestrian Strategy
- The equestrian strategy was developed in 2014 to understand and guide the provision of equestrian opportunities in Cardinia Shire ·
- The revised strategy will continue to drive our implementation of local equestrian facilities and trails.
What’s in the strategy?
- Maps and information on existing and proposed equestrian trails and facilities in Cardinia Shire
- Equestrian sport or organised equestrian activity that takes place at public and private equestrian venues and is conducted by clubs, organisations and private providers.
- Recreational riding or non-organised equestrian activity that primarily takes place along a network of trails, roads and road sides throughout Cardinia Shire.
- The strategy acknowledges the significance of the horse racing industry in Cardinia Shire, but excludes any specific analysis or recommendations relating to the racing industry.
Cardinia Shire equestrian trails – interactive map
The map below shows known equestrian trails across Cardinia Shire (in orange).
Using the different categories of markers listed below, add markers and comments on the map to show:
- the location of your favourite trails to ride on
- where you like to stop along the way (cafes/other rest areas)
- places where maintenance is required and what needs to be done
- any other suggestions or opportunities for improvement.
Please note: Markers will not show immediately. Markers and comments can be seen by anyone who views the map. If you’d prefer to give this feedback privately, please feel free to contact is by phone on 1300 787 624 or email@example.com
Cardinia Shire Council is reviewing its Equestrian Strategy (2014). This will help us improve and strengthen horse riding opportunities and participation in Cardinia Shire.
As part of this review, we’re seeking your input. Please complete the questionnaire below.
The information you provide will help us understand how you use equestrian trails and facilities, current and emerging trends, and support ongoing implementation of the strategy.