Draft 'Building a Stronger Economy' Strategy
Our draft Building a Stronger Economy Strategy (Economic Development Strategy) has been developed to articulate Cardinia Shire Council’s response to the impacts of COVID19 on business within Cardinia Shire. This strategy has been developed in conjunction with leaders in our community.
We are seeking feedback from our business and wider community to finalise the strategy. Our aim is to help create a robust and thriving economy that will attract, retain and grow businesses and jobs. The draft strategy outlines three key economic pillars which are:
- Partnerships and Regionalism
- Experience Cardinia
- Creating the New Economy
The strategy is intended to address the following Council Plan actions:
- Advocate for a South East Melbourne Airport
- Develop an Investment Attraction Plan for Cardinia Shire employment precincts
- Develop and deliver initiatives within the Economic Development Strategy, including the visitor economy and tourism
- Facilitate investment in our townships to support businesses and vibrant communities
- Advocate for the growth of local education opportunities that improve skills and employment pathways
- Develop a Business Innovation Strategy
- Implement the Business Innovation Strategy
Please review the draft strategy and complete a short 10 to 15 minute survey below. Your responses are anonymous.
Survey closes 12 May 2022