Complete the survey below to help shape this important policy. The draft Complaints Policy aims to ensure customer complaints made to Council are handled fairly, consistently and objectively.
- Feedback closes: Tuesday 28 September, 5pm
- Get project updates: To stay up-to-date with this project, click the yellow '+ Follow' button at the top of the page.
- Council has developed a draft Complaints Policy, which is now available for you to review.
- The draft policy has been developed in line with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2020 and formal recommendations made by the Victorian Ombudsman. For more information on the ombudsman's recommendations please refer to its guide - Councils and complaints - a good practice guide 2nd edition.
- The draft policy is a formal expression of Council’s commitment to providing a fair, transparent and consistent process for our customers when they wish to make a complaint.
- The current Customer Service Charter and Complaints Handling Procedure will remain in place until the new Complaints Policy is adopted by Council.
All submissions on the draft Complaints Policy must be received by Council by Tuesday 28 September 2021, 5pm.
How your feedback will be used
- Submissions received will be considered by Council, in line with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2020 and the Victorian Ombudsman’s recommendations.
- After considering all submissions and making any resulting amendments to the draft, Council will adopt the Complaints Policy at an Ordinary Council Meeting on Monday 15 November 2021.