About the Glismann Road area
The lot sizes in the Glismann Road Area are inconsistent with the surrounding residential area and State planning policy that is focused on reducing urban sprawl by promoting infill urban development and maximising the use of existing infrastructure, particularly in areas that are close to public transport.
About Amendment C238
Amendment C238 proposes to rezone land in the Glismann Road Area to a residential zone to allow for residential subdivision using a development plan and development contributions plan.
Amendment C238 facilitates the following:
- Rezone land from the Rural Living Zone (RLZ1) and General Residential Zone (GRZ1) to the Neighbourhood Residential Zone (NRZ2) to allow land to be subdivided for residential development.
- Apply Development Plan Overlay (DPO19) to the Glismann Road Area to ensure that properties are developed in a cohesive manner and implements best practice planning initiatives in relation to subdivision layout, urban design, environmental and landscape considerations.
- Apply Development Contributions Plan Overlay (DCPO5) and incorporate the Glismann Road Development Contributions Plan (GRDCP) into the Cardinia Planning Scheme to share the cost of key infrastructure items triggered by the new development in a fair and reasonable manner.
- Include the local open space provision in the GRDCP and amend Clause 53.01 of the Cardinia Planning Scheme to facilitate the provision of local open space.
The land affected by Amendment C238 is referred to as the ‘Glismann Road Area’ and includes 21 rural living lifestyle lots in Beaconsfield:
- 1 to 16 Glismann Road;
- 111 to 123 Old Princes Highway; and,
- 11 Mahon Avenue
As a result of legislative changes with regards to infrastructure contributions, Council had to consider its request (to the Minister for Planning) for authorisation to prepare and exhibit Amendment C238 on three separate occasions.
- Council report and minutes Monday 19 February 2018
- Council report and minutes Monday 15 October 2018
- Council report and minutes Monday 19 August 2019
Council received authorisation from the Minister for Planning to prepare Amendment C238 on the 23 April 2020.
Privacy Collection Notice
Any person who may be affected by an amendment may make a submission.
It is important to note that submissions to planning scheme amendments are public documents under the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
Before making a submission, ensure you read our Privacy Collection Notice.
A submission must be received by 5pm on the final day of exhibition to ensure it is considered.
Submissions for Amendment C238 closed on 14 September 2020.
At close of exhibition
At close of exhibition a report goes to Council. Council considers the amendment and all submissions received. If concerns cannot be resolved, Council refers the submissions to an independent Planning Panel for consideration.
The Planning Panel is appointed by the Minister for Planning. All submitters can be heard at the public hearing. The Planning Panel then provides a report with recommendations to the Minister for Planning and Council.
We provide dates and details of Planning Panel Hearings to those who make a submission.
Please note: Section 21(2) and Section 57(5) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (the Act) have been amended by the COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Act 2020. Where it is stated that a document is to be made available at the office, Section 205(1) of the Act allows for the documents to be made available on an entity’s internet site.
Council received 16 submissions. In accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 all the submissions have had personal information redacted. The submissions have been consolidated into one document which is available for viewing online.
This document has been made available for the purpose of the planning process as set out in the Planning and Environment Act 1987. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this document is strictly prohibited. By taking a copy you acknowledge that you understand your obligations under the Act and related legislation and agree that you will only use the document for the purpose for which it is provided.
Council resolved to refer the submissions to an independent Planning Panel for consideration at the Council meeting on 15 February 2021.
Due to COVID-19 and the associated physical distancing requirements, a Directions Hearing for Cardinia Planning Scheme Amendment C238 was held by video conference on 26 March 2021.
A Panel Hearing is expected in the week commencing 3 May 2021. The details will be published here when they are available.
You can contact Lorna Lablache on 1300 787 624.
Council is working closely with government agencies and following their direction regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). The COVID-19 restrictions are constantly changing and the most up-to-date news with regards to Cardinia Shire Council’s services can be found at Cardinia COVID-19 Information hub.
A video or phone conference meeting can also be arranged to help address any questions or concerns you may have about the amendment and the content of the amendment documentation. Please call Lorna to arrange a day and time that suits you.