About Amendment C222
The Bunyip Township Strategy identified the land located at 85 McNamara Road, Bunyip, as a potential residential development site.
Council received a request to rezone the land from Farming Zone to Low Density Residential Zone Schedule 3 (LDRZ3) and resolved to seek authorisation from the Minister for Planning to prepare Amendment C222.
The amendment allows for:
- About 30 residential lots
- About 5,000 square metres of open space next to significant vegetation on the site
- The upgrade and widening of McNamara Road between Wattletree Road and Petty Road Reserve
- The upgrade and widening of the unsealed section of Wattletree Road that connects to McNamara Road
- Shared pathways connecting open space to the town centre
- Protection of the Southern Brown Bandicoot corridors and Tree Protection Reserves
- Retarding basins and constructed wetlands
- Rezones land at 85 McNamara Road, Bunyip, from Farming Zone to Low Density Residential Zone Schedule 3 (LDRZ3)
- Applies Development Plan Overlay Schedule 21 (DPO21) which facilitates development and guides future land use on the site. DPO21 guides the subdivision layout, internal road networks, staging, open space locations, environment and landscaping, traffic and transport, infrastructure and drainage, and urban design and character.
- Applies a Design and Development Overlay Schedule 1 (DDO1)
- Deletes the Environmental Significance Overlay Schedule 1 (ESO1)
View the Amendment C222 documentation.
Council resolved to seek authorisation to prepare Amendment C222 at the Council meeting on 10 December 2018.
Amendment C222 was on exhibition from 8 August 2019 to 6 September 2019.
Privacy Collection Notice
Any person who may be affected by an amendment may make a submission.
It is important to note that submissions to planning scheme amendments are public documents under the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
Before making a submission, ensure you read our Privacy Collection Notice.
A submission must be received by 5pm on the final day of exhibition to ensure it is considered.
Submissions for Amendment C222 closed on 6 September 2019.
At close of exhibition
At close of exhibition a report goes to Council. Council considers the amendment and all submissions received. If concerns cannot be resolved, Council refers the submissions to an independent Planning Panel for consideration.
The Planning Panel is appointed by the Minister for Planning. All submitters can be heard at the public hearing. The Planning Panel then provides a report with recommendations to the Minister for Planning and Council.
We provide dates and details of Planning Panel Hearings to those who make a submission.