About Amendment C222
The Bunyip Township Strategy identified the land located at 85 McNamara Road, Bunyip, as a potential residential development site.
Council received a request to rezone the land from Farming Zone to Low Density Residential Zone Schedule 3 (LDRZ3) and resolved to seek authorisation from the Minister for Planning to prepare Amendment C222.
- Rezones land at 85 McNamara Road, Bunyip, from Farming Zone to Low Density Residential Zone Schedule 3 (LDRZ3)
- Applies Development Plan Overlay Schedule 21 (DPO21) which facilitates development and guides future land use on the site. DPO21 guides the subdivision layout, internal road networks, staging, open space locations, environment and landscaping, traffic and transport, infrastructure and drainage, and urban design and character.
- Applies a Design and Development Overlay Schedule 1 (DDO1)
- Deletes the Environmental Significance Overlay Schedule 1 (ESO1)
The amendment allows for:
- About 30 residential lots
- About 5,000 square metres of open space next to significant vegetation on the site
- The upgrade and widening of McNamara Road between Wattletree Road and Petty Road Reserve
- The upgrade and widening of the unsealed section of Wattletree Road that connects to McNamara Road
- Shared pathways connecting open space to the town centre
- Protection of the Southern Brown Bandicoot corridors and Tree Protection Reserves
- Retarding basins and constructed wetlands
At the Council meeting on 10 December 2018, Council resolved to seek authorisation to prepare Amendment C222.
Amendment C222 was on exhibition from 8 August 2019 to 6 September 2019.
Submissions for Amendment C222 closed at 5pm on Friday 6 September 2019.
At the Council meeting on 9 December 2019, Council resolved to refer the submissions to an independent Planning Panel for consideration.