About Amendment C235
The Koo Wee Rup Township Strategy (October 2015) identified the land (known as Lot 2) as a potential residential development site.
Council received a request to rezone the land from Farming Zone (FZ) to Neighbourhood Residential Zone Schedule 1 (NRZ1) and resolved to seek authorisation from the Minister for Planning to prepare Amendment C235.
Amendment C235 rezones 145 Rossiter Road, Koo Wee Rup, from Farming Zone (FZ) to Neighbourhood Residential Zone Schedule 1 (NRZ1) and applies Development Plan Overlay 22 (DPO22) which facilitates development and provides guidance on the subdivision layout, location of internal road networks, staging, open space locations, environment and landscaping, traffic and transport, infrastructure and drainage, and urban design and character. It also corrects the mapping for a heritage property named 'Shepton Mallet' known as HO198 in the Cardinia Planning Scheme's Heritage Overlay.
The amendment facilitates the following development components on the site:
- Provide approximately 200 residential lots.
- Provide open space of approximately 1.95ha provided by two parks at varying sizes and contains either remnant vegetation or aboriginal cultural heritage site.
- Protect the Southern Brown Bandicoot corridors.
- Provide a retarding basin and constructed wetland.
- Provide a Tree Protection Reserve along Rossiter Road with shared pathways that connects the development to the town centre.
At the Council meeting on 10 December 2018, Council resolved to seek authorisation to prepare Amendment C235.
Amendment C235 was on exhibition from 27 June 2019 to 2 August 2019.
Submissions for Amendment C235 closed at 5pm on Friday 2 August 2019.
At the Council meeting on 16 September 2019, Council resolved to refer the submissions to an independent Planning Panel for consideration.
A Planning Panel Hearing was held on Friday 22 November 2019.
The Amendment C235 Panel Report was finalised on 30 December 2019.
At the Council meeting on 16 March 2020, Council resolved to adopt Amendment C235.