Sealing the Hills - view concept design plans

This consultation gives you the opportunity to:

  • view a map of the roads proposed for sealing
  • review draft concept design plans for roads proposed for sealing, as they become available
  • give feedback on these concept designs
  • ask questions online about your specific road project
  • sign up to receive updates on your specific road project
  • view answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Sealing the Hills Project.

We hope the information on these pages helps you to make a decision about the sealing of your road. We’re here to answer any questions you may have.


Individual road sealing projects will only proceed if a majority of landowners support the works in their street. If you’re a tenant, your landlord will be consulted about the works.

This is a rare opportunity to get your road sealed at a significantly reduced price. The road sealing program is possible due to $150 million in Australian Government funding that will see Cardinia Shire seal and modernise 111 kilometres of unsealed roads over the next 10 years. You can find general information about the program on Council’s website.

Australian Government funding will subsidise about 85% of the works, with Council and property owners contributing the rest via a special charge scheme (about 15%). For this reason, Council has been able to commit to capping landowner contributions at $7,000 per development unit for the life of the program – usually, landowner contributions via special charge scheme would range between $15,000 to $25,000.

When the concept design plan for your road is ready to view on this site, we’ll contact you by mail to let you know.

Priority roads map

See all roads that will be included in this project:

How roads are prioritised

Council has signed off on a priority road list of 164 road: view the list here, or view them on the map below.

Roads considered for sealing were chosen according to their:

  • Community value - roads providing access to community facilities or are close to a highly populated area (township)
  • Traffic volumes - higher traffic roads receiving higher scores
  • Strategic value - roads linking townships, alternative access routes to main roads, and those deemed as a high value fire escape route.
  • Residential density - calculated by dividing the number of lots by the length of the road
  • Safety - taken from the latest crash data available as well safety assessments where available
  • Maintenance costs - this is based on the ongoing level of maintenance that is required by Council for each road.

Download the design concept plans (for those currently available)

Can't find your road yet?

We are uploading new concept plans as they are developed. When a new concept plan is uploaded, we notify all affected residents by postal mail.

About this project

Submit your feedback

Ask a public question

Provide a short summary of your question.

You have 150 characters left

Provide detailed information relating to your question.

You have 500 characters left

Select a category from the list that best fits your question.

Select a respondent from the list that you would most like to answer your question.

Moderation Policy

These are the people that are listening and responding to your questions.

The Roads Project team

{{ question.title }}

{{ question.username }} asked

{{question.description}}

{{ answer.respondent.name }}
| Edited

Answer this question

Select the respondent who will be marked as answering the question

Provide the answer to the question. Answer can be saved as draft and published when complete.

No questions found