Sealing the Hills - view concept plans
This consultation gives you the opportunity to:
- view a map of the roads proposed for sealing
- review draft design concept plans for roads proposed for sealing, as they become available
- give feedback on these concept designs
- ask questions online about your specific road project
- sign up to receive updates on your specific road project
- view answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Sealing the Hills Project.
We hope the information on these pages helps you to make a decision about the sealing of your road. We’re here to answer any questions you may have.
Individual road sealing projects will only proceed if a majority of landowners support the works in their street. If you’re a tenant, your landlord will be consulted about the works.
This is a rare opportunity to get your road sealed at a significantly reduced price. The road sealing program is possible due to $150 million in Australian Government funding that will see Cardinia Shire seal and modernise 111 kilometres of unsealed roads over the next 10 years. You can find general information about the program on Council’s website.
Australian Government funding will subsidise about 85% of the works, with Council and property owners contributing the rest via a special charge scheme (about 15%). For this reason, Council has been able to commit to capping landowner contributions at $7,000 per development unit for the life of the program – usually, landowner contributions via special charge scheme would range between $15,000 to $25,000.
View concept designs and give feedback
This section will feature concept designs for the roads that are prioritised for sealing as part of the Sealing the Hills project.
When the concept design for your road is ready to view on this site, we’ll contact you by mail to let you know.
To view the page for your road: Click on the relevant link below or in the top right corner of this web page to:
- view the concept plan for your road
- submit any comments or feedback
- submit questions about your road project and view answers to questions asked by other people
- sign up to receive future project updates on your road
Road concept plans available to view
Roads to be sealed map
Roads to be sealed
Council has signed off on a priority road list of 164 road: view the list here, or view them on the map below.
Roads considered for sealing were chosen according to their:
- Community value - roads providing access to community facilities or are close to a highly populated area (township)
- Traffic volumes - higher traffic roads receiving higher scores
- Strategic value - roads linking townships, alternative access routes to main roads, and those deemed as a high value fire escape route.
- Residential density - calculated by dividing the number of lots by the length of the road
- Safety - taken from the latest crash data available as well safety assessments where available
- Maintenance costs - this is based on the ongoing level of maintenance that is required by Council for each road.